Well-Beinglish is a name of a group which holds language exchanging events (Japanese-English) especilly for those who are interested in Well-Being. We hold the events in Tokyo every Thursday night, 7PM.
Our group consists of expats, Japanese entrepreneurs, international exchanging students, working holiday holders, and frequent Japan visitors.
And you will be encouraged to join us if:
- You’re interested in Well-Being
- You’re interested in getting to know international (including Japanese) people
You will be entitled to join us only if:
- You declare that you will respect the others
How we spend 2 hours
Our language exchanging events last for 2 hours, starting at 7PM every Monday Night in Tokyo.
In these two hours, we simply gather and talk with some guidance.
- Every 15 minutes, we change the ‘Official Languages’.
- When the official language is English, you are encouraged to speak in English even if the other people struggle a lot to speak in English.
- When the official language is Japanese, you are encouraged to speak in Japanese – but if you are more for making relationships and sharing your knowledge, you are not discouraged to speak in English either.
Joining fee is free, however we kindly ask for your donation of 200 Yen for under 30 years old, and 500 Yen for over 30 years old.
*Please keep in your mind that this is optional. (If you feel 500 Yen is the value of this gathering, feel free to put that amount!) The reason is because our intention is not to make money, but it is also our reality that we need some funds to keep this running.
Also – since we are sitting in a restaurant, you have to order something. (Expect to spend 500 – 1,300 Yen)
We try our best to fix the location, but now we are at the stage of transferring.
Currently we are doing this in this restaurant:
Indian Curry Masala